Tuesday 7 July 2020

SOME WORDS

Some words I did not know before

Agathism
the long dark tunnel, the light
at the end
let's keep it in sight.

Bummel
slowly meandering through life
or just
your daily walk.

Dolorifuge
whatever gets you through the dark
we all need our dolorifuge
taking away our sadness.

Heterocentric
our heterocentric 
frontline
heroes one and all.
Interfulgent
when the fog of life is thick
the interfulgent brightness
penetrates its cloak.

Laetificate
in these hours of darkness
in moments of despair
oh how we need a laetificating word.

Meliorism
optimism is hard
pessimism is dark
a little meliorism is what I need.

Queem
you are my queem
no, not my queen
we fit snug, calm and serene.

Xenodochy
lockdown may be tough
isolation hard
but xenodochy shines through.

some words I know now.

DJD ©2020
(with thanks to The Observer)

No comments:

Post a Comment